Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Heck yes, we just did that!


FACT: Chris and I went skydiving on Saturday.


FACT: Fear is only in the preparation.


FACT: The plane ride is the scariest part, and it wasn't scary.




FACT: You're in the plane...and then you're not.




FACT: You really can't hear yourself scream, even if you scream for the entire 60 second freefall.


FACT: Chris had a better photographer than me.






FACT: There is no feeling of falling, even though the ground starts 14,000 feet away.


FACT: Hanging in mid-air for a few minutes was a completely different experience than anything I've ever done. It's amazing to see the world as God sees it.


FACT: Turning was not my favorite part.

FACT: Gravity works, and we did eventually make it back to the ground. Safely. Though shaky.


FACT: We are so stinkin' awesome.


4 comments:

Britta said...

1. Awesome!!!
2. I'm mad you didn't tell me you were going to do that!!!
3. I'm mad you didn't tell me you did do it!!
4. How much did that cost cause I'd love to do it one day...
5. Congrats on your cool experience!

Brenda said...

That is awesome! I'm glad you got to go together.

We Krazy Knuts said...

That really is so stinkin' awesome! I'm jealous!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh Laura, I MISS YOU!! That is amazing. I wish I could hear about it in person.

I still have to tell you my Batman story.