Saturday, January 15, 2011

So much for weight loss...

If you are interested in pregnancy details, read on.
If you're not...this post isn't for you.


When are you due?

July 28--my aunt's birthday and my best-friends-when-we-were-twelve Leslie's birthday. I am currently 12 weeks and a little bit. I've suspected since probably week 2--ugh--but we "officially" found out on Thanksgiving Day. Add that to my 2010 "Year in Small Review" list for November.

Have you been sick?

Not at all like the last two times! With Jane, I threw up two or three times a week. With Megan, I threw up two or three times a day. This time, I have thrown up once. Ever. And that particular day I had actually caught a nasty stomach bug, so I blame that more than being pregnant. So not the same! I still haven't felt amazingly well, of course, but it's been easy compared to times previous.

Other non-vomiting issues, though...I already have infection issues that I dealt with during my last pregnancy--yuck yuck yuck. I was really hoping to avoid that this time. Also, I passed out at the temple in front of probably 60 people who were all looking right at me at the time. Yeah, that ranks up in my top four most embarrassing moments, including the time the janitor walked in on me pumping, the time I accidentally evacuated the entire elementary school, and the time that I have never told anyone about ever, including my husband, so don't even ask.

Any inklings on gender?

For the reasons stated above, I'm leaning toward boy just because it's been so drastically different than both girls were. And yes, I've been hoping for a boy since before we ever got pregnant with Jane, so... ...but it could all still be wishful thinking. Either way, I get to have a baby and that makes me smile.

Cravings or aversions?

I can't eat chicken. Oh, gross. Unless it's fried chicken from a restaurant. I have eaten a lot of Coca Puffs. Mostly I like to eat anything fast food that I can get right now that I don't have to cook myself, much to the disappointment of my husband and the detriment of my bank account.

What do the girls think?

I tried to explain it to Jane a few different times, but she really wasn't getting the idea until I went to my first appointment (on 1-11-11...I thought that I was fun). I was telling her that Britta was going to stay home with her and Megan so I could go to the doctor. She wanted to know why I was going to the doctor, so I told her they were going to check to make sure the baby was ok.

When Chris and I walked in the door after the appointment, Jane just kind of looked at us for a minute. Then she said, "I thought you were getting a baby. Where's the baby?" She was actually rather irritated for a while that we didn't have a baby with us. Ha. It took several more conversations before she understood that the baby is still in Mom's tummy and will stay there until it's ready to come out. Still, she asks me several times a day if the baby is awake and ready to come out yet. She's convinced it's just sleeping and will come out as soon as its nap is over.

Oh, well. She'll get it eventually. And Megan is, big surprise, oblivious.

And the question you're probably wondering about the most...
Was this planned?

Well...yes and no. Chris and I both wanted to wait for a few more years before having more kids. That changed, however, the more I went to the temple. Every time I went I kept feeling like it was already time to have another baby, despite how unappealing that sounded. It took Chris a while longer to agree with me, but eventually he had the same idea. So, we followed the prompting and the rest is history.

So yes, we got pregnant on purpose. But no, we weren't exactly expecting it right now, if that makes sense. There will certainly be moments of adjustment, but we're still excited. And it will be nice to have all our kids close in age so they can really grow up together. And it will be nice for us because we'll deal with the same kind of issues at the same time. And, let's be honest, it'll be nice when they all grow up and move out within just a few years of each other and we'll have our house to ourselves.

I think that about covers it.
Did I miss anything?

6 comments:

Les said...

They're going to have the best birthday ever!! :D And if you need some newborn pictures done...you know where I'm at!

Dave and Hayley said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting for you guys!

Molly said...

You and I think so alike in somethings, I really wish we lived closer. I want another too, but since we are in school we have to wait for a break. Congrats!

Jamie Younker said...

This is so exciting! It was so funny to read this post because it's so similar to my pregnancy with Noelle. Same aversions, same cravings... With Addie I threw up 2-3 times a week, Livy it was multiple times a day and with Noelle I threw up once or twice. Total. I had just lost a TON of weight and was skinnier than I'd ever been, just to turn around and pack the weight back on again. (Not gonna lie, that was really discouraging.) I thought for sure I was having a boy just because it felt so different, but obviously I was wrong... ANYWAY. I just thought it was funny, I felt like I was reading my journal from 10 months ago! LoL. Well, here's hoping for a boy for you!! Keep us posted :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

Nice summary my friend! :)

Meghann said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you're going to have a little boy, fingers crossed for you.