Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Small Review

This is the last of four posts that I have written in the last two or three days. I backdated them so they wouldn't all show as posted on New Year's Eve, but it's killing the journal writer in me to lie about the dates. Sigh. So, I had to confess my lie here so at least I know that two were actually written on the 31st and two on the 2nd. Like it actually matters. And you can know to scroll down and see what you might have missed!

Major Highlights of 2010

I was going to flip through old pictures to remember specific things that happened each month, but I decided instead to see just what comes to mind now. That would make them more significant, right?

January
Chris started his job at L-3 and moved to Salt Lake. The girls and I stayed in Logan and started our single-parenting adventure.

Jane turned 2!

February
Um...nothing comes to mind. Apparently it wasn't a particularly exciting month.

March
Michael and Amanda got married. Yay!

Chris and I each had our birthdays. Yay!

April
Amy and Chase got married. Yay!

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!

Chris and I took a week-long couple-only trip to Disneyland.

May
I finished my third year of teaching fifth grade at Providence Elementary and officially quit to be a stay-at-home mom.

June
We moved into our new house and finally lived all together as a family again. Hooray hooray hooray!

July
I started Weight Watchers.

Megan had major invasive surgery on her bladder and kidneys.

August
All I can remember at the moment is that we had our house warming party... that was good.

September
Chris and I celebrated our 4th anniversary.

Chris and I each started attending the Salt Lake temple once a week. I'm happy to report we're still going strong!

October
Megan turned 1! And shortly thereafter learned how to walk.

November
Is it horrible that I can't really remember anything that happened during that entire month and it was only one month ago?

December
Wampler Family Christmas at our house


It was certainly a dramatic year, with living apart, buying a house, starting new jobs and leaving behind old ones...
Here's to hoping 2011 is less dramatic but just as interesting.

No comments: