Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's done! It's here!

Home is where your story begins...

...and it's all about the story

121 posts
262 pages

8 x 10 x 1 inches
Hardcover with dust jacket


Fonts:

Georgia
size 9 for body text

Pea Chrissi
size 16 for titles and size 9 for header and footnotes
downloaded from kevinandamanda.com


The only problem...


This is my blog book for 2009. In about three weeks, we'll have to start all over. It took me so long to finish 2009 because of teaching, packing, moving, getting settled in, and a really really slow computer. It wasn't until the second week of November that Chris, wonderful man that he is, downloaded the program on his laptop and transferred all the files. Once he did that, it seriously took me three weeks to finish double what I had done in over 10 months. Wish we had done that a lot sooner.

But, we know for next time! I had to post this because it has occupied so much of the last month of my life. The irony is that, in a few short weeks (hopefully that soon), I will be editing this post in my 2010 book. Sigh.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness...Seeing this post has now 100% convinced me to do a blog-to-book as well! I love it. I think you posted this before but what website did you go through to do this?

Meghann said...

I completely admire you for doing this and it's beautiful. I've started a baby book for Porter of all the posts I've written about him and it's a ton of work. I want to convert our whole blog into book format but what a project. Admiration, yes I feel it!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Way to go! That is always a big accomplishment. I did one of those for my mom, but have yet to do it for myself...

pawlyandsandy said...

Love the book!!! Thanks for reminding me what website to go to so I can make some of my own, I'm 3years behind, oi veh. I've got a lot of work to do.

Thanks for the inspiration.