Monday, December 13, 2010

Everything Christmas... so far

The last few weeks have been, um, more occupied than usual. I have been watching an 8-month-old boy four days a week while his mom works. In the end, it really isn't working out for everyone, so today is his last day. I'm also more hopeful on blogging this week because Chris is randomly working swing shift--2:00 to 10:00. I imagine I'll get a lot more blogging done in the evenings this week with him gone and the girls in bed. Cross your fingers!

Our Christmas activities thus far have been more abundant than I realized I pulled the pictures up on the computer (finally). Be excited.

Decorations

We pulled out our annual fake Christmas tree. Blah. I'm way not as excited about our tree this year than I've ever been before. I think it's because our living room is bigger and the light comes in brighter, so it accentuates the bare spots. Perhaps next year we can save up and invest in a better (cough real cough) Christmas tree.


As per tradition, it is still firmly tied atop a table. And as I post this, I realize that I never did take a picture of the tree's finished project. And that will have to wait until it's dark outside so you can actually see the tree. Hold your breath in excited anticipation!

While Dad put up the tree and Mom sorted through the various boxes of decorations, Jane and Megan sat in their favorite spot and ate crackers.


The one thing I am most excited about in terms of decorations this year is that I have a real fireplace over which to hang our stockings. Aren't they cute?



Ward Christmas Party...Parties

We went to my mom's ward's party first. They planned two separate parties: one for the kids and one for the adults to happen next week. They did well. It was very kid-friendly, complete with cookie decorating, crafts, a chocolate fountain, and a certain special visitor.


Anytime I pulled out my camera, Jane tried to hide from me. Nice.


I did manage to get a few shots, though.


Chris wasn't quite as thrilled with the cookies and crafts as some of the other party attendees.


I don't think he really minded, though, and the food was good, so it was all worth it.


Hooray for Santa!


We visited Santa at the Gateway Mall but...not the most pleasant experience ever. The pictures were something like $20 a pop, without being allowed to take your own, and Santa himself was...not in best form, let's say. I would strongly advise against that particular locale for a visit. I was glad Santa came to the party in a much better mood. ;)

Jane never did sit on his lap. She was only concerned with showing him her shirt, which had a picture of a cat in a stocking and said "Hanging around for Santa".


Megan didn't have any apparent problem with the adventure, but she didn't have much to say, either.


Neither did Nicole. Huh.


Our own ward party was just last Saturday. It was the most well-attended party the ward has ever had in anyone's memory. Wow, there were a lot of people there. And yet, I only have one picture.

Megan was trying to drink out of an empty plastic cup. I handed her sippy cup to her so she could drink that instead. She promptly put her sippy cup into the plastic cup--then took a drink.


Whatever works!

Lights at Temple Square


Hooray for Logan friends again! The Datwylers drove down from Logan to our house. We had dinner then we all bundled up and went downtown to see the lights. Megan fell asleep before we got there...sleeping baby picture time.


Kids in hats and mittens are pretty cute, too.


I think it's funny that Jane is holding Richard's hand and Chris is holding Claire's hand.


Linus was pretty excited to be there, too.



I can't remember the last time I actually went to see the lights. I know I have before, I just don't know how long it's been. It was very enjoyable, especially since it wasn't very cold that night.


Of course, not all entertainment comes from lights.


I don't know that Megan was terribly impressed. She more seemed to be humoring us all. (P.S. I love this picture.)


Yay for family adventures with friends!


We had to stop at the conference center for a much-needed bathroom break on our way back to the cars. Megan had a chance to get out of the stroller for a bit, and I must say, that was the happiest I'd seen her all evening.


Just look at that face.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Cute! We had about five times the Christmas tree was pulled over, then Nixon decided it was boring and let it be. However, Claie really likes the lights, so the top of our tree has a normal amount of lights, the middle has double the amount, and the bottom has none, due to her pulling them off and chewing on them. ahhh, love Christmas.

We Krazy Knuts said...

You guys always have so much fun!!! I'm jealous.

And your girls are so cute!

Michael said...

Pretty sure the fireplace/stocking combo is supposed to have the stockings a bit lower...

Tannie Datwyler said...

Love the pictures!! So Fun, and that's crazy about Santa - he should ALWAYS be in a good mood!!

Meghann said...

Wow, you're busy busy this Holiday season! I loved visiting Temple Square without worrying about my toes freezing. :) I'm excited for the Christmas Tree pictures!