Thursday, September 30, 2010

To Logan, To Logan

For the first time in three and a half months, Jane and I drove up to Logan. In six years, that's the longest I've ever been away from that city. It was good to go back.

And what inspired us to drive 90 miles? Why, a four year old's birthday party, of course!

We started with a game of "Pin the Bellybutton on the Monster".


Jane really didn't get the point. She refused to be blindfolded, and then still stuck the bellybutton a good foot away from its target. Ah, well, she was quite proud of herself nonetheless.


The cake was adorable.


So was the birthday girl.


I'm not sure what her problem was, but Jane seemed rather despondent while eating her cake and ice cream. Didn't hurt me, though. I thoroughly enjoyed mine.


Claire's most exciting birthday present was a new bicycle. I think Jane was just as excited as Claire!


While Claire tried out the bike, Jane took a spin on Claire's birthday gift from last year.


The party finished off with the seemingly annual pinata--I've only been to two of Claire's birthday parties, but she's had a pinata at both. That makes it a tradition, right?


Good job, Tannie!


After the party, Richard graciously agreed to watch Jane while I went to the Relief Society broadcast with Tannie. That was wonderful. We started out with dinner at the married student stake center, where I got to say hello and visit with several sisters from our old ward. Yay! Then we stopped back at Tannie's house to visit with her mom, who I met for the first time, then we went to Tannie's building to watch the broadcast. Wonderful once again.

Thank you, Tannie, for a fun party and a lovely evening out sans kids. It was great.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

You are WELCOME! It was sooo fun - thank YOU for coming up.

Hey, can you shoot me an e-mail with your new mailing address? Claire wrote Jane a thank-you note that we need to mail. :)