Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Edwina the Emu

Just as we were coming home from our weekly playdate, the UPS man hollered at me as I started closing the door to the house. He handed me a package. I was wracking my brain trying to think of something that we ordered recently. The only thing that came to mind was the replacement part to fix the vacuum, but Chris only ordered that last night--little early for delivery. Best way to solve the mystery was to open the box.

My gift of the day:


It is the story of two emus living in the zoo. One day, Edwina announces that she had laid ten eggs and heads out to find a job. After several mishaps and rejections, she decides that the best job for her is at home with her 10 eggs.

The gift came from a teacher at Providence--the school where I taught. She taught for a few years, quit to be home and raise her kids, and is now starting her second year back. She said she always had a hard time for those first few years of being home after teaching, but she never regretted it.

I needed that today.

2 comments:

Karrie said...

I love you Laura!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I NEED that book. That sounds so perfect. I love that a teacher friend sent it to you - that is so sweet.