Friday, April 30, 2010

I win!


Thank you, Tannie.


Terms of this award: List 10 things about yourself, thank the person who gave you this award and pass it on to 10 wonderful bloggers.


10 things about me...

1. I haven't had bangs since elementary school and I never will again because I have a large cowlick on my hairline that makes bangs look really stupid. Jane has the same cowlick. Sorry.

2. My favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice. I own four unique copies and have read it more than a dozen times. You can read me almost any sentence out of the book and I can tell you what's happening in the story.

3. I never untie my shoes. I always just slip them on and off. Too much effort otherwise.

4. I own 11 complete sets of movie trilogies. Back to the Future, Bourne, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, X-Men, Shrek, The Mummy, Ocean's 11-13, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars 1-3 and 4-6. That does not include movie series that are longer than three films, of which I also own several complete sets.

5. I enjoy watching tv series on dvd. I have already watched all of Stargate and Scrubs. I am currently working through MASH, Star Trek Voyager, The Office, and Stargate again. (This is what I do when I don't have a husband.)

6. I am excited to have colored walls in my new house. White is boring.

7. I walked into my dining room the other day, looking for a book so I could look something up. I was all the way into the room before I realized I was looking at a blank wall. All my books are packed. Duh.

8. My favorite car I ever owned was a 1989 Ford Probe. Picture to come soon.

9. I'm not a big dessert person. I don't often like cake, I really don't like pie, and cookies are hit and miss. I'm getting better with ice cream, and I do enjoy ice cream cake. But, my hands-down, no contest, all time favorite dessert item is Rice Krispie Treats.

10. The thing I will miss most about teaching is feeling super organized and in control. I've never been able to manage that at home. I will also miss corny fifth-grader jokes.


10 people I tag...

1. Britta B.
2. Liz N.
3. Jamie Y.
4. Kate F.
5. Lacey H.
6. Molly S.
7. Gentri G.
8. Jess A.
9. Leslie C.
10. Rebecca M.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Can I just say I had no idea about the dessert thing. I WISH I was like that. :) See you tomorrow.