Thursday, July 23, 2009

Good Reason

I discovered that I have good reason to not enjoy being pregnant right now.

I was awake most of last night with major pain in my lower back. When it was time to get up this morning, I just felt really sick. I couldn't eat or drink anything without throwing up, and my back still hurt really bad. Luckily, I already had a doctor's appointment scheduled for 9:00 this morning.

The idea of chasing Jane around while I felt so crappy, at the doctor's office no less, did not sound at all appealing. I took her to day care instead. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Laura Lee!!! It was really nice to not have to worry about her while I'm being sick.

After talking to the doctor, we figured out what is wrong. I had a UTI a few weeks ago, but the antibiotics didn't quite clear it all up. Over these last three weeks, it progressed into a kidney infection. They are running a few more tests to find out just how extensive the infection is, but at the moment I have much more powerful antibiotics to take in the meantime. If I'm not feeling any better by tomorrow afternoon, I will have to be admitted to the hospital to be put on IV antibiotics. The doctor also said that if I had waited any longer to come in, he would have sent me over the hospital immediately.

I'd rather not go to the hospital, but I'd also rather not be sick...

2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh Laura! How awful. :( My UTI put me in labor with Claire. Let me know if you want me to watch Jane... I totally can.

Jared and Delia said...

I am SO sorry. I hope that you get better! Pregnancy sounds cruddy for you right now!