Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sanctuary Invasion

It's becoming no big secret that I LOVE going to the laundromat. Enormously productive for the family (no less than six loads at a time usually) and completely acceptable for me to do whatever the heck I want while it's going. Awe-some.


Unless I end up bringing kids with me. Decidedly less awesome.

Like today, for example. I could have done the laundry on Saturday but...I didn't. One of those days where I never made it out the door so it just didn't happen. And so, we ventured out before Jane needed to be in school so we could load up the washers and get them going, then took Jane to school and came back for the drying and folding.

We did this same thing about a month and a half ago, but I never blogged about it. (Did you know that the frequency of posts on my blog is a wonderful indicator of my mental health? The fewer posts, the worse off my brain is at any given time...) I took pictures that time.


You can always tell how desperate our laundry situation is by how many days Ben spends in pajamas. He has about four days' worth of clothes less than needed for how often we do laundry. But at least he's cute in pajamas, sneakers, and camo hat.


And there is plenty of room to run and run and run in circles around the laundromat. As long as you avoid the ornery attendant, that is...

Megan's favorite was being Mom's helper. She was great at putting clothes in the machines, taking it out, and most especially putting the money in and pushing buttons.


Once all the inherent excitement of a laundromat has worn out, there's always Netflix.


The only downside that day was that I planned entertainment for the kids, but none for me. Boring boring boring. Today I was smarter and brought my laptop, too, so I could blog. Aren't you glad we're doing laundry today?

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I'm glad you are doing laundry today. :). Sometimes I like the idea of a laundry mat. The part I don't like, is the lugging it all there and back! I would also have to admit I'd prefer the without children option.... :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

This post, just makes me smile. It is gushing with mommy reality, and Laura personality.