Friday, April 5, 2013

Exploring Explora

This is another flashback post--all the way to March 1. It seemed perfectly fitting that we make our first family outing to Albuquerque's Children's Museum on none other than Deborah's birthday, our local children's museum queen.

I've got to admit, Explora is pretty dang cool. We only even heard of it because it was a field trip for Jane's class, and I'm really glad we decided to make it a family event. It was well worth it.

We built block towers,


played with magnifiers,


built block towers,


played with bubbles,




built block towers,


flew a plane,



built block towers,


played puzzle games,




and built more block towers. Ben was really digging the blocks.






Megan had her share of fun with the blocks, too.




A couple of the COOLEST attractions here were the tightrope bike and the elevator. Yes, I said the elevator. But bike first.


I was surprisingly nervous to actually get on myself, until it was compared to skydiving. Yes, I went skydiving and therefore this was a piece of cake. I was even complimented on my great skill in getting in and out of the harness. If Outlook taught me nothing else, I'm a whiz with these harnesses now!

Chris went, too. He wasn't nervous at all, ever.


As for the elevator, this is hands-down the largest and coolest elevator I have ever seen. Not only is it ENORMOUS for an elevator--especially considering that it only goes between two floors!--it's furnished.



I didn't get any better pictures, but I will admit that more than once have we gotten on that elevator and completely forgotten to push the buttons to actually go anywhere. Why think about leaving when it's so comfortable to stay?

All told, it's an awesome place to play. We went back with Heather and Brandon for a double date a couple weeks later, and...we forgot to push the elevator buttons again.


We'll be going back.


4 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad to see you are all wearing orange shirts :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

What an awesome place! The tight rope bike looks super amazing!

Deborah said...

I'd probably forget to push the elevator buttons too :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

FUN museum! I liked all your recent updates. I especially liked the one for Chris - very fun. :)