Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Officially Official

I have THREE major announcements to make, albeit with a few qualifiers. My first two announcements are largely public knowledge amongst the Wampler clan and anyone associated with said clan via Facebook...but I still like to think that it's blogworthy nonetheless. My third announcement has been slowly spreading by word of mouth, but as we all know, nothing really happens at our house until it's on the blog. And it's less well-known, so be excited.

And we're off to the races...

HEATHER IS ENGAGED!

Set the way back machine to Heather's first year in college at Utah State and you'll meet Brandon--the man of her dreams, which were yet unfulfilled. Until March 16th, that is.


You may recall a certain post I wrote here on March 16th, chronicling the enormous success of the Wamplers on that night. The FORBIDDEN TO BLOG success was the engagement that happened between leaving the ward party and getting back to our house shortly thereafter.


Only now will I qualify my chess win that night--Heather was distracted by said new fiance who was sitting next to her holding her hand. I assure you that nothing short of proposal of marriage immediately preceding the game would have allowed me to win. But, let it be known, I have still beat Heather at chess. Regardless of the circumstances. Or how many people were helping me. Like Chris. And Brandon. And eventually even Heather telling me how to beat her just so we could be done and they could go ring shopping.

I still won.

Next...

CHARLOTTE OLIVIA WAMPLER WAS BORN!

Amanda gave birth to her second baby on March 25.



Along with that fabulous success, Michael now has a daughter and Ivan has a sister. Funny how those things go together...


Yay for new nieces! Stay tuned for another arriving shortly.

And finally...

WE HAVE CHOSEN A GRADUATE SCHOOL!

Come August, we will be moving to... drum roll please...

ATLANTA, GEORGIA
where Chris will be attending


I'm mentally prepping myself as best I can for the switch from completely dry to overwhelmingly humid and everything brown to everything green. That second switch I'm all kinds of looking forward to, the first...slightly less so. We'll see how well we do in wet heat versus absolute desert.

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Those are some big announcements. Sounds like your family has been pretty busy lately. :) and I still think its cool you beat heather at chess.
Also, congrats on choosing a school. Another exciting adventure is in store for the Wampler clan.

Rebecca said...

Georgia! Congrats! I have family in Alabama and if Georgia is anything like Alabama (which I'm pretty sure it is) you'll love it! As for the humidity thing, your hair may start doing some crazy stuff. My hair was actually a little curly back in Virginia. The second I moved Utah 10 years ago my hair wouldn't even hold a curl when I used a curling iron and hairspray. :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

NICE with the big announcements! I'm glad you finally settled on grad school... it will be an adventure to say the least.