Monday, December 31, 2012

Rounding out the year with Rocko

It snowed! The Albuqeurque-ians that I ran into during the day seemed to be shocked and confused by "all the whiteness"...I was more concerned about getting outside before it all melted. Which it did about an hour after these pictures were taken.


The putting green next to our apartment building provided a convenient placement for snowmen.





Ben was more interested in figuring out what the heck the snow was and what he was supposed to do with it.


He finally decided on eating it.


Until he got brain freeze. Then he quit putting it in his mouth and played instead.


Megan engineered the snowman's hat, and hence his name, Rocko, was born.


Hooray for Rocko the Snowman!


Well, that was fun and all, but Chris thought he could do a bit better. He recruited not only our kids, but also some kids who happened to be on a walk with their parents.


Turned out pretty good, don't ya think?


Notice that most of the snow in the immediate vicinity is gone--that was all in the snowman. Definitely not in Utah if this much snow makes everyone freak out. Reminds me of snow in Washington.

Anyway, Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

So I think I missed this post. That's really quite funny to imagine everyone freaking out over that much snow. :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

This makes me smile. Rocko. :) Hehe. It's funny, because when we get that much snow here, I won't even bother sending the kids out to play. I'll just wait for a good old snowstorm to build a snowman.