Monday, June 4, 2012

May I Review

The downside to writing a book is that the time I have for writing is generally spent writing my book. Not posting on my blog.

The upside to writing a book is processing and healing from my trauma and abuse.

The downside to learning about abuse is a massive downward spiral right back into depression.

The upside to having such a backslide now is that I have the tools, the support, and the desire to honestly and truly fix it and move on. The upside to that is the depression only lasts a couple of weeks, as opposed to months and months with no end in sight. Life is so much better now.

And because life is continually improving, I can occasionally put my trauma aside and post on the blog.

Audrey Jane


Jane has graduated from her first year of preschool! It was actually a rather amusing event. She is most definitely NOT a shy and quiet person (as many of you know), but she refused to participate in any of the songs they had planned for the program.

She was quite adamant on her non-participation.


Although I think she did eventually get bored, while everyone else was having fun singing.





She was the first in the class to receive her certificate, but she wouldn't stand up. Oh, well.


Sara and Marley were two of Jane's best friends this year. They will both be in kindergarten next year while Jane will stay in preschool for one more year. We attempted a lovely picture of the three of them together. I'll let you guess how Jane felt about that idea.


Megan Leigh


Megan has sprouted quite the vocabulary lately. She is much more coherent now when she speaks, and she has a few good jokes of her own that almost rival Jane's. I'll start making note of those, too.


Benjamin Ryan


Yes, he can climb. He can crawl with a fury, and he often attempts standing. If he has shoes on, he can last a few seconds. Otherwise, he sticks pretty close to furniture.

Once upon a time we took him to his 9-month check-up. On that day, he was

19 lbs 6 oz
35th percentile

28 inches
42nd percentile

With all his crawling, he has thinned out quite a bit. And it would seem is propensity for higher-than-average height has ceased. Or at least taken a temporary break.

He keeps us all entertained.




Laura Diane

One of my momentums for our Power 90 class a few weeks back was to do my hair up every day for seven days. I documented my experimentations with different styles--forgive the odd angles on a few of them. Jane played photographer for me on the days that Chris was gone to work before I had my hair done.

Day 1



Day 2



Day 3


Day 4


Day 5


Day 6


Day 7



Which one do you like the best?

Christopher Ryan

Great progress is being made on the king size bed Chris is building for us. It's going to be gorgeous.


5 comments:

We Krazy Knuts said...

Holy cow, you're amazing!!!
I like 3 and 7. I have no idea how you did any of them, but they are awesome!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Those pictures of Jane's preschool program are hilarious! That girl is a hoot. :) I love all your hair styles too. Way to be so creative, and talented!

Brenda said...

I like the last one the best. Ben is going to be such a heart breaker! Love those blue eyes.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh my goodness, Jane's pictures made me laugh SO hard. She's such a hoot. I love Megan's little face - she's such a doll Laura. As for Ben - he's just too adorable. I love his little smile.

Your hair!! I am MIGHTILY impressed with your abilities. I can do Claire's hair like nobody's business, but I can't do my own hair to save my life. :) I need to take a lesson from you when my hair is longer.

Anonymous said...

day 2 and 6 are my favorites and I really light the blue flower