Thursday, February 2, 2012

Melden Cows

Let me start by saying thank you to everyone who has commented on my previous post. I received more comments, messages, and emails than I anticipated, and they just keep coming. Since I posted it last night, I have had over 300 hits on my blog. Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a lot in less than 24 hours! I am humbled by the support I've received, and saddened by the stories that have been shared. I feel your pain!

In reading the comments you have made, I find myself more anxious than ever to actually get this all written down. And yet, when I think about what it would take to actually do that, my hands start to shake and my heart beats just a little faster. I will write it, I will, but I make no promises on how long it takes me. It's a complex story and it takes a lot out of me to sort out how to write about it. And, who am I kidding, I don't want to spend every waking moment thinking about it anymore. Just when I feel up to it.

So, I will write more, but in the meantime, life goes on! Knowing that my blog will be receiving much more traffic and attention than I ever get, I thought I'd break it back in to normal-ish blogging with just a few of Jane's recent utterances.


"I have a friend at school named Elden. It's kind of like Melden, but without the M. You can remember that his name is Elden because you can think of Melden."

Is that supposed to be helpful?

Jane woke up in the middle of the night disoriented from a dream (like mother, like daughter, I guess). As I tucked her back into bed, she looked at me with a contented smile on her face, sighed, and said, "Oh, I just love snuggling with cows."

Jane had a few coins that she accidentally left at Amy's house. When Amy came to our house the next day, Jane cornered her in the kitchen, hands on hips, finger pointed, and in her best intimidating voice declared,

"You better bring my money back to me or I will CRUSH YOU."

Ha. We've bred a miniature loan shark. All that for eighteen cents.

6 comments:

Katie said...

these are hilarious! For the record, I always love your blog. :D

tonyandwendib said...

No matter how many to times I hear it, I laugh at the "I will crush you" comment every time.

Brenda said...

Awe, I miss you guys. Jane, although a handful, can be hilarious.

Michael said...

I'm going to start using Jane for all of my money related transactions.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

hahaha oh Jane. You are too funny!

Tannie Datwyler said...

That child has one giant personality. I ALWAYS enjoy your Jane posts. :)