Thursday, July 8, 2010

Come to my house!

One of the things I am saddest about leaving behind in Logan is Tannie's book club. I have really enjoyed reading books I wouldn't otherwise have chosen for myself and having the chance to discuss them with several other girls.

To replace that recent void in my life, I have decided to start my own book club. Thank you, Tannie, for the inspiration and fun example to follow!

The Plan:

We will taking turns "hosting" each month. Whoever chose the book leads the discussion and provides the treats. Whomever will be hosting for the next month tells us which book to read next.

The Place:

For simplicity's sake, we are going to meet at my house every month. I am centrally located (amongst the current attenders, at least), I have a very large living room and lots of chairs, and I also have an entirely separate playroom that is very child-friendly in case small visitors tire of the discussion. We don't have to worry about finding somewhere else to go every time. And Chris really wants me to be social here, so he's willing to share our house if that's what it takes.

The Book:


Our discussion in the beginning of August will be on The Hunger Games. I read it recently for book club in Logan, thoroughly enjoyed it, and that's what everyone voted on for our first selection. Read it!

The People:

You! Well, if you're a girl. Seeing as this started with my mom and four sisters, we've opted to keep this a female-only activity. The more, the merrier! Anyone within reasonable driving distance of Salt Lake Valley, leave me a comment, email me, call me, text me, whatever, and I'll give you my address and tell you when we're meeting next. You can also talk to my mom or any of my sisters.

Yay for books!
And yay for people coming to my house so I'm not alone all the time!

No comments: