Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Christopher

The semester is over!!...almost.

Chris's last final is tomorrow morning, and he has been increasingly less stressed (decreasingly stressed?) as the last few days have progressed. His big final project was due on Thursday. He sat at a table for almost four hours answering the judging professors' questions and studying for a quiz on the side.


I thought I'd give a brief explanation of what his project is, but sorry, I'm not an engineer and I don't actually really understand what he did all semester. Chris isn't here to explain it to me again. I'm going to try anyway, but I might embarrass myself when Chris reads it and realizes how much I don't know about what he really does.

The project is called EduCom, and he was working on a piece of the project meant to be used in college classroom settings. The professor can put in whatever specifications, then the students do a part of the programming. In the end, they get a working program but only had to write a section of the code themselves. That way, the students can focus only on one part of the programming (without having to learn every piece of the programming language?) but they still get a fully functioning program in the end. Or at least they can see bits of the program without writing it all...or something. I think.

I hope I'm not the only wife out there who doesn't totally understand what her husband does for a living. But I do try.

I'm not a sappy person in general, nor am I very good at it when I try, but I do want to say that I love my husband. It's a very nice feeling to know that he is willing and able to support our family and is working hard to receive the best education possible. It's very fun to watch him playing with Jane (she learned how to tickle him and he laughed every time). And he's very good to listen to me whine and complain about being pregnant and sick and tired, then makes me get over it and move on. He's exactly what I want in a husband.

love you much

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

RU kidding me? You are NOT alone!! Half the time when Richard explains his PHD work I feel like he is speaking another language!

Britta said...

I'm sorry but I have to tell you that understood every word of Matt's job when he was working. ("so then I emptied the garbage and then I cleaned a window. Then there was a light that needed changing so I went to Lowes...")
LOL.

Rebecca said...

If my hubby was an engineer I definitely wouldn't understand anything about it! That stuff is way over my head!

And we really do need to get together! We have so much fun chattin and playin games with yall, and it's been quite a while since we've seen you guys!