Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy easter day

I've probably said this before, more times than I remember, and I'll probably say it again, but I have serious issues with off-date blogging. I don't like back-dating something like I posted it on that day when really it was written sometime completely different.

So, I start this post with a confession. As I write this, the date is July 24. I haven't blogged anything in roughly four months--thank you pregnancy, the ultimate brain and energy sucker. To follow are all the posts I've meant to have written and am just now getting around to. This will be my only mention, but something in my personal code of ethics says I have to admit that I'm "lying" with the date published. Now you know.

Moving on.

Happy Easter!

Our Easter festivities this year, in lieu of the tradition Baker Family Reunion, was a ward brunch and Easter Egg Hunt. A few Sundays prior, Audrey Jane had drawn a picture during Sacrament Meeting that she gifted to the Primary president. Her wonderful artwork made it onto the official announcement poster displayed in the church hallway. She was quite pleased.



Brunch was delicious, followed shortly after by the Egg Hunt. Chris was gone for a separate Stake Youth Activity. Oddly enough, I wasn't actually capable of tracking all three kids by myself during the hunt, so I only have pictures of Ben.



We did eventually all make it back together in the gym for the requisite consumption of egg innards,



to be closely followed by a surprise appearance from the Easter Bunny himself.




Said Easter Bunny made an unusually timed visit to our house that afternoon as well. Traditionally speaking, the Easter Bunny drops off the baskets on Saturday morning, thus leaving Easter Sunday free to focus on the true spiritual celebration of Easter. This year, he was just a tad late and showed up during quiet time on Saturday afternoon instead--with a note to explain.


The kids had fun finding their hidden baskets. Audrey was especially impressed that her basket was hidden outside and she still managed to find it.





The haul cleverly included new church clothes in place of that stringy Easter grass that sprouts both roots and legs and always seems to hang around post-holiday. No grass for us this year!


Sadly, I neglected to take any pictures of the kids in their new church clothes--oh, well. I also neglected to take any pictures at our fun Easter dinner at our neighbor's house. There were several friends/families in attendance, and I even perfected my deviled egg recipe just for the occasion. My, but they were delicious.

No comments: