Monday, November 18, 2013

If you want it, Make it happen

There have been a handful of times when I was approached by someone about running a preschool co-op/joy school type system--moms rotate teaching the preschool class, so once a week it's at your house and the other days you take your child to someone else's house. In all the times I've discussed it with someone (for Audrey or Megan) it just hasn't happened for one reason or another. So, I did my own.

It's just Megan and one other girl from her primary class, Annie. Coincidentally, Annie's family just moved here from Albuquerque, of all possible places in the entire United States. What are the odds. Anyway, Annie comes to our house on Monday mornings and Megan goes to Annie's house on Wednesdays.

We're keeping things pretty simple. We practice writing, and we color.



We play games.



We do art projects.


And other things like songs and reading stories. I think the girls are really enjoying it, and Megan is absolutely loving her chance to be the one to go to "school" after watching Audrey go to preschool for so long and having to stay home.

I'm really glad I just made up my mind and did it, rather than waiting for someone else to ask.


2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Good for you! I don't have the energy for that but I admire those who do. :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

That's awesome Laura! Good job. I'm doing a joy school this year. There are 6 moms in it, but we only do it once a week. I haven't even taught yet since Beckett was born and I was overwhelmed. I'm excited to in January though.