Monday, January 18, 2010

New Wardrobe

Hooray for starting bonuses at new jobs...

Having two babies has, oddly enough, changed the way my clothes fit. To be more specific, they don't fit. Things don't hang right, not everything buttons up quite how it should...you get the idea. Luckily for me, Chris was given a starting bonus from L3 and I was able to use a chunk of it to revamp my wardrobe.


9 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, socks, and a few earrings and necklaces later, I'm all set for school again. Funny thing--last week, I was having a hard time getting dressed every morning because I couldn't find anything I wanted to wear. Now I can't decide what to wear tomorrow because I have too many new things. :) That's way more fun.

Jane got some new clothes, too. Her dresses have sadly become much too short. While Jess and I were out today (thanks again for the company, Jess), we kept our eyes out for sales on toddler dresses. I think we did well. I'm especially excited for her to wear the pink and brown polka-dotted dress:


I also bought her new church shoes. That is much less exciting. She had perfectly good shoes. They still fit, and they had a lot of wear left in them. But, my theory, Jane threw one away. There was one day when we were cleaning the house that we had a large box sitting next to the front door that we were tossing garbage into. I'm convinced that Jane put her shoe in that box without us noticing and it ended up in the dumpster. Lame.

On the fun side, Jane received some dress-up clothes from Lilly and Laura Lee for her birthday. Tonight was the first time we got them all out of the packages. She spent a LONG time standing in front of the mirror...



P.S. I was able to borrow Alice in Wonderland from my parents when we were in Salt Lake on Saturday. But thank you, Delia, Tannie, and Megan for offering!

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Yay...new clothes. I like new clothes. Glad you got some. :)

Britta said...

That first picture of Jane looking in the mirror was really good!

Brittney Q. said...

At first I thought you were saying that you got the bonus. I was feeling really left out. I'm glad it was Chris. It's always fun to get new clothes.