Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dalton James Mortensen

Note: This is my third post of the day. I saved this one for last, knowing then that it would show up first, but do go down and read the other things I posted. I guess you don't actually have to, but...

I have been a parent for over a year, but I only just barely became an aunt on Tuesday. My sister Lisa had her first baby, him being the second grandchild on the Phillips side. Dalton James Mortensen was born on Tues. January 27, 2009 at 9:44 a.m. He weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz. and was 19 inches long (I think...sorry if that's not exactly right, Lisa...)

This was the first picture I saw of him:


Sorry to say, not the cutest picture ever. I blame the fact that it was taken about two minutes after he was born. Here are some much cuter pictures.


Dalton with Mom


Jane meeting Dalton for the first time


It was very cute. Jane wanted to hug Dalton and she kept rubbing his head with her hands. It was a nice show of affection, although I'm sure Dalton found it to be a little rough. Particularly right at the end when she shoved him away. Don't worry, no babies were harmed (too bad) in the taking of this picture.

I'm very grateful that we were able to get these next pictures taken. My dad's dad and stepmom came over to see their great-grandchildren, and we were able to get four-generation pictures taken.

Grandpa Jeff, Great-Grandpa Phillips, Dalton, and Lisa (aka Mom)


Grandpa Jeff, Great-Grandpa Phillips, Jane, and Laura (aka me)



While I'm at it, I went back and found this picture. Again, I am very grateful that this was even possible. It is a five-generation picture with Chris's family. How many people are able to have five generations in the same room?


Back row: Grandma Janet, Chris (aka Dad), Great-grandma Pyper, Front row: A very unhappy Jane with Great-great-grandma Jensen

I wish that Jane would have been more cooperative that day. But, you can rarely decide the mood of a small child. Grandma Jensen passed away about two months after this picture was taken. I'm glad we were able to visit when we did.

Well, I think that's enough posting for today. Chris keeps asking if I'm done yet. He wants me to help with the puzzle. I'll have to post about that adventure soon.

1 comment:

J_B_Fisher said...

Great posts! Congratulations on being an aunt! And on the new job!