Friday, February 15, 2013

Oh, Mom

I saw this picture on Facebook tonight.



Oh so true... For example.

Kid: I'm thirsty.
Mom: Spit in your mouth and swallow it.

Kid: I'm hungry.
Mom: Hi hungry, I'm Mom.

Kid: I don't want to go to bed. I'm not tired.
Mom: I don't care if you go to sleep, just keep your head on your pillow and don't make any noise.

Ah, I learned from the best. Thanks, Mom.

This also reminded me of the recent list of "phone comments" I've made--the interruptions I make in a conversation by talking to my kids. Taken out of context, they're rather amusing. Really, even taken in context, they're rather amusing. For example.

Don't put it in your mouth and her mouth at the same time.

Stop licking the floor.

Do you have any pants on?

Yes, it does hurt when you run into the wall.

The toilet is not a sink. Don't wash your hands there.

Ha.

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love it. :) if only we recorded some of our conversations I think we could have some good giggles. I don't think we really even realize just how odd the things we say are. Thanks for sharing.

Tannie Datwyler said...

You never cease to make me smile and laugh. :)

Karrie said...

I am so proud!

Alyssa Harper said...

Lol! I laughed out loud, and I hardly ever do that with even the funniest blog posts in the world. Thanks for the share!