Monday, October 15, 2012

Brain Dump

You may have noticed my blogging absence over the last few months. You may note that I had only two posts for the entire month of September. If you are a regular follower of this blog, you may have realized that such a small number of posts is unusual for me. And you would be right.

To clear up any lingering questions from that last post--particularly if you didn't follow the Facebook comments--our family is moving to Albuquerque, New Mexico. It has been a long time coming over a rather bumpy and unforeseeable road, and because of that, I've avoided talking about it. I am fabulous at keeping other people's secrets. I'm less fabulous at keeping my own secrets. So I just stopped blogging since my life was pretty much consumed with Albuquerque but I wasn't talking about it.

P.S. Don't be surprised if I use the entire word "Albuquerque" often in coming posts. I am practicing my spelling skills. I figure if you're going to live in a city, it's good to know how it's spelled.

P.P.S. "P.S." stands for Post Script, meaning a note that comes after a piece of writing, like a letter. Since I am not actually done writing, it's not technically a post script. It's like a Mid-Script. But MS usually means something else...

P.P.P.S. A post post script would come after a post script. If I have a post script after a mid script, would it then be a P.M.S.?

P.P.P.P.S. Sometimes I think I'm funny. Do you think I'm funny?

Here's the short version: Chris has applied for a job with Sandia National Labs in Albuequerque Albuquerque. (Keep practicing.) He wants to go to grad school and Sandia has several program options that will pay for grad school. Sweet.

He originally applied at the end of June, had a phone interview in July, then he flew down to Albuquerque in August for an extended interview. It's now October. Long story short--we still don't have official paperwork in hand as the options have been changed/discussed/revised/altered several times. Hopefully this week we'll know something solid. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, our house is for sale. Let me know if you know anyone who is interested in buying it.

In the chaos of not really knowing what's going on but moving forward anyway since God told us that's what's right for us to do right now, life still somehow manages to happen. For example--Megan turned three! And we finished the puzzle! And and and...I would love to be caught up on my blog again. So, I'm dumping my brain out for the moment and I will continue in the next few days to post about all the grand thoughts and pictures I've kept stored up lately. It'll be epic.

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Yes I do think you are funny actually. :) BUT I don't think I really like that you are leaving Utah... Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't like that one. I do realize though that it's not what is best for me but what is best for you guys. I hope things get a little more figured out this week and that you can sell your house!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I hope you hear something soon. I've still got you guys in my prayers.

HOLY COW, you FINISHED the puzzle!!

And yes, you know you are hilarious. :)